Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Workflow not completing from AD Groups

Discussion in 'Official Microsoft News' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    Hi Guys,

I have run into an issue when setting up an automatic workflow that it will not run fully if the initializor is in an active directory group and in a group lower than contribute. The workflow runs against a list and populates other lists based on information entered.

(Background) The workflow is wrapped in an app step to run the workflow as most of the users are not allowed to have contribute access or above. They are all part of the add item group.

The workflow completes successfully if the user is added directly to a SharePoint group but if it is added to a SharePoint group via AD it runs until the end of the first stage of the workflow with the following error message:

RequestorId: 34554d05-b68b-5dca-c786-399da6060021. Details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 404 {"error":{"code":"-1, System.ArgumentException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user."}}} {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"X-SharePointHealthScore":["0"],"SPClientServiceRequestDuration":["51"],"SPRequestGuid":["1f9479ef-1e4c-4e96-aaef-6a82f93ad7c1"],"request-id":["1f9479ef-1e4c-4e96-aaef-6a82f93ad7c1"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":["SAMEORIGIN"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":["15.0.0.4569"],"X-Content-Type-Options":["nosniff"],"X-MS-InvokeApp":["1; RequireReadOnly"],"Cache-Control":["max-age=0, private"],"Date":["Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:24:40 GMT"],"Server":["Microsoft-IIS/8.5"],"X-AspNet-Version":["4.0.30319"],"X-Powered-By":["ASP.NET"]} at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine`1.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation).

The site uses claims based authentication and the security token caching has been configured as per this article :

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/201...cheexpirationwindow-and-windowstokenlifetime/

Also if I grant contribute permission to the active directory group the workflow runs without any issues.

I have also added the application pool account to the Windows authorization group in active directory as per another article when i had a google to check fixes for the issue.

Does anyone else have any ideas? This one has me stumped. We have too many users to add them all to a SharePoint group manually and we can't give them contribute access.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

(UPDATE):

Instead of using the all user group from active directory I used the everyone group. It's not ideal but its a step in the right direction.

submitted by Sorasblade
    [link]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.