Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Useful SharePoint Dev Tools

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    I wanted to throw this out there to everyone. These are tools I use for SharePoint, if anyone has any recommendations on additional tools I might be missing out on. I imagine most people use these as well, but if not, here they are:

• ODATA Query Builder - SharePoint Add-in/App to help you build/validate/test odata queries. Available from the SharePoint App Store.

• U2U CAML Builder - Helps to build CAML queries. I don't use this that much anymore, but in some cases when working on legacy solutions, or when CAML is needed, solutions it comes in handy.

• SharePoint Manager - Allows you to see/interact with SharePoint at a lower level. I think of it kind of like RegEdit for SP.

• CKS Dev Tools - Add-on tooling for Visual Studio

• SPFileZilla - Kind of like FileZilla, but for SP. You can right click to publish as well. I found it great when doing things like master pages, js, Display Templates, etc. I can keep my files in a git repo, and then use this tool to push files up.

What do all of you use?

submitted by dannyvegas
    [link]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.