Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Update SharePoint Foundations 2013 Page Viewer

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    I’m trying to create a dashboard for an internal SharePoint site using 2013 SharePoint Foundations. The data will be dumped into text files by scripts that run on various servers within the environment. I’ve managed to cobble together a basic dashboard site that uses PHP to parse the files and Javascript to display and keep the various fields updated with the latest data. Overall though, I’m a rank amateur when it comes to web application programming.

I’d like to get the same kind of functionality going on our SharePoint site, but I’m not sure if I'm going in the right direction here. I added a page viewer web part to a table cell and it was able to pull data from one of my text files and display it, but it doesn’t automatically update as the file changes. I’ve done a fair amount of searching today and it looks like I should be able to add some javascript to the web part to get the updates I’m looking for, but I haven’t found any place where I can make those modifications to the HTML of the web part.

This is a side project, so I’m looking more for a “This is what you need to learn to pull this off” rather than a, “This is exactly how to do it” kind of answer.

submitted by SharepointNewb
    [link]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.