Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

SP Online - files temporarily hidden for random users

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/hremmysun, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:35 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/hremmysun

/u/hremmysun Guest

Blog Posts:
    We're slowly migrating to Sharepoint Online and are experiencing a very strange thing. 4 or 5 different people, on both Mac and Win10 machines, are finding that they cannot see any of the files/folders inside a document library. This DL has over 200k files, and is around 300GB total. So far. So one of these Windows people will see it fine in the morning in both the Onedrive folder (Win10 v1803 with files-on-demand active) AND via browsing to the DL via the browser. Then at some point later in the day the files just appear from the Onedrive folder AND the browser! Other people can see these files and folders no problem. No one is messing with permission for this 365 Group. The Mac users get the same thing, but they are using a 3rd party app that duplicates the OneDrive functions (the Onedrive client for Mac does not yet have files-on-demand).

Either my google-fu is weak today or no one else has seen this yet. I do have a couple of these people following some specific actions to try and nail down potential causes. One user on a Mac drops its network connection every night, so I am getting him to reboot as soon as it happens again.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? This is the standard DL created when you form a 365 Group. It is also linked to a Teams channel, but no one is yet using Teams. There are no special permissions set. No inheritance breaks anywhere in the folder structure. No external sharing.

submitted by /u/hremmysun
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.