Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

SharePoint Server 2013 - Remove "Newsfeed OneDrive Sites" buttons from top bar?

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/drewm916, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/drewm916

/u/drewm916 Guest

Blog Posts:
    I have a requirement to remove the buttons (these) on the top bar of our SharePoint site. I've been able to do it almost everywhere using SharePoint Designer (SPD) 2013, copying the master page, editing the copied page, and then making it the master, but all of those sites were publishing sites, and this one is not.

(You can't do much with master pages using SPD within non-publishing sites.)

Things I've tried:

• Change master page using SPD...nope. The list of master pages does not appear in SPD with a non-publishing site.

• Downloading the master page in use, edit using NotePad, upload, and switch to that master page using "Change the Look" in the SharePoint UI. Nope, the UI doesn't see it.

Things I have not tried:

• Editing the existing master page itself. I have read that you don't want to do this.

• Editing a copy of the master page, uploading it, then switching the file names by hand. Also somewhat scary.

• Changing this damned site to a publishing site. There are specific reasons why this site was NOT set up as a publishing site, so I don't want to do this, but I will if nothing else works. This Reddit post is my last resort.

I've Googled the hell out of this topic, nothing so far. Anyone?

submitted by /u/drewm916
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.