Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

SharePoint Intranet Examples

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by SharePoint Maven, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SharePoint Maven

SharePoint Maven Guest

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]“What is SharePoint?” “What can it do for my organization?” “What are SharePoint advantages over DropBox?” These questions always come up during personal discussions and online forums. As we all know, a picture is worth a thousand words. So in this blog post, I would like to share various SharePoint site examples I have created over the years, essentially showcasing SharePoint capabilities. Enjoy!

SharePoint Intranet Examples

Homepage

[​IMG]

An example of SharePoint Intranet Homepage. The site is a starting point for employees to navigate to other sites in SharePoint environment. It is always a good idea to add content that is common to everyone in the organization (i.e. announcement, company calendar, contact list, user directory). The module on the right is a dynamic Org Chart. It has been created using out of the box web part called “Organization Browser“. Detailed instructions on how to set it up can be found here.

Human Resources Site

[​IMG]

An example of Human Resources Site for Employees. You can organize your documents via document libraries and views. You can also embed videos (instructions on that can be found here). The nice looking icons in upper-left hand-corner can be used to aid users with navigation. Instructions on how to set those icons up can be found here.

IT Help Desk

[​IMG]

An example of IT Help desk in SharePoint. You can use an out of the box Issues or Task Log to track IT help request tickets and customize it with metadata and views that you require. New ticket notifications can be accomplished via SharePoint alerts. Detailed instructions on how to set up SharePoint Alerts are here.

Sales Department

[​IMG]

Is it just me or it seems to me that all Sales guys care about are Sales figures for last quarter? Anyway, I am sure your Sales and Finance teams have lots of great info embedded in Excel (pivot charts, pivot tables). The example above shows a site that allows to display and interact with Excel document (pivot table) without downloading the files to your desktop. The web parts you want to use for this are called Excel Web Access or Visio Web Access (depending on type of content your want to display).

Policies Library

[​IMG]

Policies, forms, templates are documents that can easily be categorized using SharePoint Metadata. Example above shows a document library that stores a number of company policies. There are no folders to organize documents. Each and every document uploaded is tagged. This allows for easy sorting, filtering and grouping of documents based on assigned search criteria. More information about SharePoint Metadata can be found in this blog post and slide deck.

Project Management Office (PMO)

[​IMG]

You can use SharePoint to setup your Project Management Office (PMO). Example above shows a site where you can track your projects as well as roll up different content from multiple sites (i.e. documents, tasks, etc.).

And of course SharePoint is absolutely fantastic if you want to use it to manage projects. Example below shows a Project Site in SharePoint. The site can be used to store all sorts of Project Management artifacts (project documents, risk registers, tasks, contacts, milestones). Detailed instructions on how to setup such project sites, can be found here.

[​IMG]

Need help with SharePoint?

[​IMG]As an independent SharePoint & Office 365 Consultant and certified Project Management Professional (PMP), I help small businesses and non-profits unlock the power of SharePoint so they can improve the bottom-line business results.​

My code-free, out-of-the-box SharePoint solutions include: SharePoint/Office 365 Migration, Document Management and Training to small businesses and non-profits. As an independent consultant who works virtually and remotely, my services cost a fraction of what you typically would pay SharePoint consulting firms.​

Contact me at [email protected] if you need help with SharePoint/Office 365 in your organization.​

The post SharePoint Intranet Examples appeared first on SharePoint Maven.

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.