Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Sharepoint Career

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/G2chainz, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/G2chainz

/u/G2chainz Guest

Blog Posts:
    So I have about two years experience using Sharepoint 2013. As of right now, I know a lot of basic stuff, in my role I created customized forms, built workflows for ticketing systems in Sharepoint designer, I also have experience using Sharegate as one of my past company's migrated from 2010 to 2013. I created portal sites (links,tiles, calling lists and apps, etc.) Later on I also learned how to use Nintex forms and workflows. I really like using SP but I have no idea how to go about taking a step forward career. The reason I got the job in the first place is because no one with SP experience wanted to take it because it was low pay. I learned a lot but I feel like it's not enough to get a higher SP role with another company. There aren't any opportunities where I work, in the whole corporate building there was only one other guy who was in a SP role as the rest were out of state. Plus, the company I'm at doesn't seem to utilize SP all that much so there aren't any advancement opportunities for it.

So I guess I just have a couple questions - how do you go about becoming a developer? Does my experience lend itself to path? I've googled there are some certifications you can obtain, should I go for these? Also if anybody has taken any of the training services from various companies I would love to hear about it.

submitted by /u/G2chainz
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.