Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Question: What is the easiest way to send an ad-hoc email to a SharePoint group?

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/AJMetal9, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/AJMetal9

/u/AJMetal9 Guest

Blog Posts:
    I've built a SharePoint site for a resource group at work. We manage membership of that group using People and Groups in SharePoint; I've created a "Members" group. I've also built a number of workflows that send automated emails to the "Members" group, and it works like a charm.

Question: How do I send an ad-hoc email to that same group? The only two solutions I know right now are not very elegant:

1. Write a workflow to send a email notification to the group and write the ad-hoc email in that workflow. This seems to defeat the purpose of sending a quick email to the member base, and my formatting and attachment options are limited and difficult-to-use inside the workflow.

2. Export the "Member" group and create a parallel Outlook group. This isn't ideal because I have to remember to update my Outlook group every time the SharePoint group is updated. Since there are multiple officers of this resource group who might be editing the members of the group, it's a near certainty that someone will get lost in the shuffle and not receive a necessary email.

Can anyone provide me with a solution that will allow any of the officers to send an email to all the people in a group on SharePoint in a simple, efficient way? Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/AJMetal9
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.