Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

On several sites in SharePoint 2013, my default Site Members group changed to a different...

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/OddyKnocky, Apr 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/OddyKnocky

/u/OddyKnocky Guest

Blog Posts:
    Any ideas what could cause a site's default members group to change in SP13 w/ Project Server 2013? Is there maybe a timer job that could have change the default members group? Kind of like how admins can change the default groups through /layouts/15/permsetup.aspx.

Context: We have a social communications service application (Sitrion) that looks at a site's default members group to add/remove users from following a site. A user randomly noticed that the groups following some sites had changed. The list of followers went from being users in "Permissions Group A" to users being in "Permissions Group B". I tested this by changing the default user group and sure enough the changes in default group correlated to the changes in which users were following the site. Since no user made changes manually, I'm wondering if there's a timer job in SharePoint or Project Server that can possibly change the default members group.

submitted by /u/OddyKnocky
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.