Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Noob question: Finding a Sharepoint site "location" to implement a template I want to show...

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    So first of all I am a mechanical engineer so probably not as tech savvy as most people here. I recently moved jobs from a company with 15,000 employees to an up and coming company with 90 employees. At my new job people are using shared folders, excel files and emails to store worksheets, parts lists and process approvals. I want to show them how much better a sharepoint site with the teamsite template would be. In order to show them the site I need to at least be able to show them before they buy any licenses. I found the template I have Sharepoint Designer but I can't figure out a way to input a site location to even start the design. I tried Sharepoint Foundation but I need to have Windows Server 2008 SP2 to install it. I talked to my IT guy and he doesn't have spare WS 2008 licenses for me.

Does anyone know a free site with minimal set up time I can use to put into the Sharepoint designer to show people how it works?

Does anyone know where I can find a website which is already set up so I can show people?

submitted by pete_the_penguin
    [link] [1 comment]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.