Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Issues with Migrating the Search service application 2013 from one farm to other with admin...

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/jittu2022, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/jittu2022

/u/jittu2022 Guest

Blog Posts:
    I'm trying to migrate the 2013 search service application from one farm to other. I took a SQL backup of the search admin database and restored it in the new farm, and I tried to create a new search service application with the new admin database using below script

Get App Pool

$saAppPoolName = "Default SharePoint Service App Pool"

Search Specifics, we are single server farm

$searchServerName = (Get-ChildItem env:computername).value $serviceAppName = "Shared Search Service Application" $searchDBName = "New_Migrated_AdminDB"

Grab the Appplication Pool for Service Application Endpoint

$saAppPool = Get-SPServiceApplicationPool $saAppPoolName

Start Search Service Instances

Write-Host "Starting Search Service Instances..." Start-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceInstance $searchServerName Start-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryAndSiteSettingsServiceInstance $searchServerName

Create the Search Service Application and Proxy

Write-Host "Creating Search Service Application and Proxy..." $searchServiceApp = New-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication -Name $serviceAppName -ApplicationPool $saAppPoolName -DatabaseName $searchDBName $searchProxy = New-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplicationProxy -Name "$serviceAppName Proxy" -SearchApplication $searchServiceApp

Clone the default Topology (which is empty) and create a new one and then activate it

Write-Host "Configuring Search Component Topology..." $clone = $searchServiceApp.ActiveTopology.Clone() $searchServiceInstance = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceInstance New-SPEnterpriseSearchAdminComponent –SearchTopology $clone -SearchServiceInstance $searchServiceInstance New-SPEnterpriseSearchContentProcessingComponent –SearchTopology $clone -SearchServiceInstance $searchServiceInstance New-SPEnterpriseSearchAnalyticsProcessingComponent –SearchTopology $clone -SearchServiceInstance $searchServiceInstance New-SPEnterpriseSearchCrawlComponent –SearchTopology $clone -SearchServiceInstance $searchServiceInstance New-SPEnterpriseSearchIndexComponent –SearchTopology $clone -SearchServiceInstance $searchServiceInstance New-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryProcessingComponent –SearchTopology $clone -SearchServiceInstance $searchServiceInstance $clone.Activate()

Write-Host "Search Done!"

But I was not successful; it couldn't be able to preserve all the custom refinable's and template. I need to help in understanding if I'm doing it wrong or I'm missing something here.

submitted by /u/jittu2022
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.