Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

File name issues

Discussion in 'Official Microsoft News' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    I'll start off saying that most of my users don't have issues with file names and that most are even to the point of using _ or - instead of spaces when they feel the need for one. So they're doing pretty good overall. Also, ODfB/SP is our network storage setup (everything is SaaS :/ )

That said... We work with government contracts which tend to have characters that are not allowed in URLs thus breaking ODfB syncing and/or the files residing on SP while in progress. The problem is that the contract files have to be sent back with the same names and renaming them when we get them and then renaming a copy to send back will be a pain to the users. It's also possible for files to be renamed incorrectly (or not renamed at all) which would count as us not submitting anything. So, outside of buying our own server (cheap boss) what do you guys recommend as my backup method?

Edit: The new backup solution would only be for the files/contracts/etc that require it. Cost isn't as huge of an issue since it wouldn't be storage for the whole company.

submitted by likeafoxx
    [link] [3 comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.