Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Creating an event calendar that notifies the person a specific event is appointed to.

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/firefiber, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/firefiber

/u/firefiber Guest

Blog Posts:
    I work at an events management company. We currently use a very basic excel sheet where we'll put up new events on a monthly sheet, one row for each event, and at the end of the row, put in the name of the person the event is appointed to (who will be in charge of handling that event). We'll then copy/paste the sheet into an email every day and send it to the team.

I've set up a sharepoint site for our team, and I'm wondering if there's a better way to do this, basically like a task list that's already on SP, but on a calendar? So we can have a general overview of all the events taking place in the month (or any other month), who it's appointed to, etc. And also, whenever we put up a name, it should send out an email to that person, telling them it's appointed to them (again exactly like a task list).

The reason I don't want to use a task list is because it's not very good at showing me the entire month at once, or if I want to see what events are coming up next month, etc.

submitted by /u/firefiber
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.