Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Config Cache Isn't Rebuilding. Cache.ini value stays at '1'.

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    I have a SharePoint application server with a timer job that's acting up. I can't stop or stop services on it and it shows in Central Admin that timer jobs running on the server have a status of "Paused".

I've tried to rebuild the config cache on the server, but I encounter two problems: 1. The timer service won't stop. I have to stop it through Task Manager by ending the OWSTIMER service. 2. In the config cache folder, I change the value in cache.ini text to "1". When I start the timer service back up, the XML's start populating, but then they stop at 1156-1157 items; the healthy app servers have 1843 items in the config cache. The cache.ini also doesn't change; it stays at 1.

I've tried the process several times, but nothing worked. Googling didn't lead to any answers either. I'm wondering, should I remove the server from the farm, uninstall/reinstall SharePoint on the server, then re-add it to the farm? Any thoughts on whether or not this would fix my issue?

submitted by OddyKnocky
    [link]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.