Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Concatenating workflows (SPD 2007)

Discussion in 'Official Microsoft News' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    Hi, I'm working with Sharepoint 2007 managing a product tracking list.

I want to create something like a three state verification (with more steps), where users receive an email, do some work, and click a button in the list to show that the work is done.

Using this tutorial I added a column that starts workflows and, according to the step in the process, update some fields, send emails to the next person in line, etc... This works so that, when finished, a workflow updates the field and points it to the next workflow.

Now, my problem is that sometimes the process will want to go back to earlier steps, in theory I could just have two links in the field: one pointing to the next step and the other one pointing to the earlier one. The problem is that, as seen in the tutorial, every time you update a workflow its id changes, which means I can't point the workflow to a future step and a past one at the same time.

Do you know of any workarround or different process to achieve what I am trying to acomplish?

Thanks!

submitted by Mrducktape
    [link]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.