Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Best Practices for Approval System in SharePoint

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/wwcoop, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/wwcoop

/u/wwcoop Guest

Blog Posts:
    I am interested to hear feedback on strategy related to doing an approval system in SharePoint. I have done a few of these previously and it has never gone quite as smoothly as I had hoped. Do you guys have some background making something like this? I want to keep it simple and clean, but it needs to be dynamic also... Here are some general requirements I want to hit:

• This will be purely SharePoint list data.
    • Need a system that changes the names and number of approvers from 1-7 depending on some criteria on the first step.
    • It will include email alerts to nudge people when they need to approve.
    • I need to handle when users might need to change the information being approved since this in many cases invalidates approval.
    • I need to likely associate different lists to each other since there is a lot of fields and information. For example, there may be as associated list record containing detailed data which must be approved through the main (parent) list.

I have some ideas on what to avoid and overall structure, I just don't want things to get overly complex.

I know how to implement most of this from a technical perspective, just curious how you guys would set up the overall architecture to make this work?

Has anyone built something like this? What worked well? What didn't? Thanks!

submitted by /u/wwcoop
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.