Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Any way to deny access to a site collection for a sub-domain?

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/LRRR_From_OP8, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/LRRR_From_OP8

/u/LRRR_From_OP8 Guest

Blog Posts:
    First, forgive my ignorance, I am not a trained Sharepoint Admin but have inherited this task with my O365 duties. We would like to deny access to all of our Sharepoint sites to our student sub-domain. So, i.e., we have spedschool.org and students.spedschool.org domains in our tenant. We didn't think about access to Sharepoint much until we recently installed a 3rd party portal/intranet, and would like to keep the students from having access to this (or any Sharepoint sites for the time being). I tried adding the students sub domain to the "don't allow sharing for users from these blocked domains" list but that didn't work. Access to the sites is group based and uses an "Everyone except external users" group to allow access for most contribute-level users. Is there a way to create a "no access" group for Sharepoint that I could put all the student account in? I haven't been able to find a way.

submitted by /u/LRRR_From_OP8
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.