Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Accessing SharePoint Documents via OneDrive mobile app

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/cride11, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/cride11

/u/cride11 Guest

Blog Posts:
    I am hoping someone can point in the proper direction. We have set up a very basic SharePoint site that we would like employees to be able to access and upload files using their mobile devices. I am currently testing and ran into something so strange that I can not sort out. When navigating the mobile SharePoint app if I choose a document library my phone then loads into the OneDrive app but can not find the SharePoint site. Doing a search within the OneDrive app does not find the site either. I can only see groups or Teams sites that have been set up. I actually am working on two different SharePoint sites and neither show.

If I try to access the document library via the share link from my mobile device I get this error within the OneDrive app: Error Now if I choose for the link to open using either the SharePoint app or chrome browser it works fine.

We had been using a group site before for this and we were able to go through the SharePoint app and when we would click on a document library it would open up fine in the OneDrive app. So it seems like groups work, but straight SharePoint sites do not. I am wondering if there is a setting or something I am over looking that will allow us to manage document libraries within the OneDrive app.

I appreciate any and all help, and please excuse any incorrect jargon or my long-windedness. I'm learning as I go.

submitted by /u/cride11
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.