Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

ABM builds teamwork between field and offices to boost service and productivity

Discussion in 'Official Microsoft News' started by Guest Author, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest Author

Guest Author Guest

Blog Posts:
    Today’s post about Office 365 was written by Andre Garcia, AVP for Global Infrastructure Services at ABM.

[​IMG]ABM believes that the early adoption of technology gives the company a competitive advantage. Today, we are enabling mobility and anywhere, anytime productivity for our workforce with Office 365 and the new capabilities in Skype for Business. We are one of the largest facility solution providers in the United States, with more than 300 offices in the United States and international locations. So for our employees, the workplace can be underground in a boiler room or on the top floor of corporate headquarters. Technicians and field staff work onsite at universities, airports, hospitals and industrial sites, just to name a few. Traditionally, there’s been a large gap between people working in the field and people working in the office. Enhancing connections and communications among employees so they can connect and collaborate on a variety of devices is a key goal for us.

We all know the Office user interface, and we all know the consumer version of Skype. So right off the bat, it was easy for our employees. We are introducing Skype for Business to all of our Office 365 users as they come on board, and they are really excited about it. Everyone loves the audio dial-in capabilities you get. There are so many ways to join a meeting—dialing in on a landline or a mobile phone, easily dragging people from the directory into a meeting, or calling from your computer—you can do it all using Skype Meetings with PSTN Conferencing.

In addition, PSTN Calling lets me work in the most efficient manner possible. If I want to pick up a phone, I can. If I want to be reachable at a phone number away from my computer, that’s also simple. If I want to join calls using VOIP, I can do that too. This feature gives us a tremendous amount of flexibility, and it all works seamlessly. We provisioned our executives and shipped webcams to them, and they have been very impressed with the technology. When employees have a positive experience with the easy call-in, call-out capabilities and the rich meeting functionality, they start questioning, “Wait, why do I need other conferencing solutions?” They realize that they can use Skype for everything. So we can cancel all those other accounts and save money by consolidating vendors without worrying about losing any functionality: there’s a great collaboration experience available in one consolidated solution for voice and meeting—video, desktop sharing and co-authoring.

And it’s so easy to manage users and voice services right in the Office 365 solution with Cloud BPX. With just a couple of clicks, we can provision users for PSTN Conferencing and PSTN Calling. You simply assign users phone numbers and from there it’s a walk in the park. There’s also potential cost savings with PTSN Calling. We are expecting more predictable pricing from Microsoft’s PSTN Calling flat rate plans.

ABM is an international company with more than 100,000 employees, so we are naturally interested in Skype Meeting Broadcast. I think a lot of companies will want to empower their senior executives to use the broadcasting feature to distribute messages to employees with “watch them when you want” built-in video on demand flexibility.

Skype for Business is the culmination of our journey to cloud-based communication services and transforming the workplace. We have been early adopters all along, but thanks to the flexibility that’s built into Microsoft technologies, we can undertake the journey at our own pace, working through hybrid scenarios. The ability to do audio and video calls between Skype Consumer Network and the new enterprise version means we can more easily communicate with our suppliers, customers and contractors, which streamlines communications across the organization. Collaboration and communication have been critical components of how employees get work done at ABM all along, but with Skype for Business we’ll be truly working like a network.

The post ABM builds teamwork between field and offices to boost service and productivity appeared first on Office Blogs.

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.