Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

2 questions about cascading dropdowns from SPServices

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by Microsoft SharePoint, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint Guest

Blog Posts:
    Is there a limit to how many dropdowns I can have in 1 script?

Can I use the same Parent Column in the current list to trigger the dropdown of multiple child columns in the current list.

Below is what I mean. Notice I'm referencing "Center" a couple times.

The first few dropdowns work. When I get to "CMS ACDs" relationship list, it stops working for the rest of the dropdowns and I can't figure it out.

$(document).ready(function(){ $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Holiday Tool Centers", relationshipListParentColumn: "Process", relationshipListChildColumn: "Holiday_x0020_Center_x0020_Text", parentColumn: "Process", childColumn: "Center" }); $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Holiday Tool LOBs", relationshipListParentColumn: "Center", relationshipListChildColumn: "LOB_x0020_As_x0020_Text", parentColumn: "Center", childColumn: "LOB" });

The rest of the code below is when the script stops working. Either 1 of 3 things is happening. Either I have incorrectly named a column which I have checked 100 times, or I am referencing "Center" too many times and I was unaware there was a limit (I know theres an S at the end of center in the one below, that's how it is on that particular list because I'm an idiot and like to make shit difficult), or I have too many dropdowns, which again, I didn't know there was a limit. Please tell me there's a 4th thing I'm doing wrong because I needed this done 2 days ago

$().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Holiday Tool CMS ACDs", relationshipListParentColumn: "Centers", relationshipListChildColumn: "ACDTEXT", parentColumn: "Center", childColumn: "CMS_x0020_ACD" }); $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Holiday Tool CMS Servers", relationshipListParentColumn: "CMS_x0020_ACD", relationshipListChildColumn: "ServerText", parentColumn: "CMS_x0020_ACD", childColumn: "CMS_x0020_Server" }); $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "Holiday Tool AAS Logins", relationshipListParentColumn: "CMS_Server", relationshipListChildColumn: "AAS_Login_As_Text", parentColumn: "CMS_x0020_Server", childColumn: "AAS_x0020_Login" }); });

EDIT - I made a "Test" list with just the bottom portion of the code, and it's still not working. I can't isolate the issue.

submitted by Grits_N_Gravy_23
    [link]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.