Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Silly question of the day: Create a document unlock farm solution

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/kilaj1, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/kilaj1

/u/kilaj1 Guest

Blog Posts:
    Hi

I have a bit of an odd question which might result in some scolding. I am not a developer, I'm comfortable with Powershell and some C#. I have a pwoershell script that unlocks documents within SharePoint 2013. I know SP13 has the auto unlock after 10 minutes, but the script I run on some files, I can see the doc being locked for hours some times next day.

I was going to initially create a workflow with Bamboo Workflow conductor since it had a built in Powershell module, but we are moving away from that application.

The script works nicely but I'm essentially the only one that can run it (SP Admin). I wanted to look into making a WSP solution I could deploy to the farm and have it show up in the ellipsis (…) in every doc library.

My question is not to "give me the code for it" I want to be able to build this for my self. So far I've seen quite a few TechNet articles about it, but I wondered if there are any recommended books on the subject, hopefully a decent beginners guide.

submitted by /u/kilaj1
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.