Dismiss Notice

Register now to be one of the first members of this SharePoint Community! Click here it just takes seconds!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome Guest from Country Flag

Migrating sites, an admin that won't move "stale" files, 25k in files potentially lost....

Discussion in 'SharePoint Blogs' started by /u/gotmaps, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/gotmaps

/u/gotmaps Guest

Blog Posts:
    tl;dr: Our local SP servers need to be shut down, and we are migrating the sites to a centralized hosting facility. Need to archive files that admin wants to delete prior to migration.

Some of the sites that I manage (inherited) are 30-40 GB in size, with 25-50% of the size taken up with "stale" document (documents that haven't been modified in 5+ years. I've requested the admin dump those stale files onto a hard drive - I've been told no. I've requested that the admin just transfer the docs as is, and I've been told no. (I will be admin at the migrated location, so this won't be such an issue after the move).

I'm looking for ideas, please. Time frame is about 4 weeks, so I don't have a lot of time to get people to clean up their files. I don't have time to download and upload documents to change modification date.

I can PowerShell. I can download and hold. But any other ideas that I'm missing?

submitted by /u/gotmaps
    [link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.